This month in Children’s Church we have been singing the song “We Believe” by Newsong. We have been given the chance to actually sing in front of the church if the kids can get the song down. Once you hear 50+ kids singing the lyrics to this song you will say “WOW, I believe!” So in an attempt to help, here it is with the lyrics.
I am getting fired up about Summer Camp this year!!! This year we will be going to a new camp located in the mountains of North Carolina called The Wilds. Check out their web page at http://www.wilds.org/camps/youth/jbc. Campers must be at least 9 years old by September 1, 2015, and be entering Grades 4-7. We will be going during June 8-June 13. The cost will be $375 per kid. We will start our fundraiser this January 28th with a lunch following the morning service. If you are interested, please let me know ASAP!!
Have you never had to endure a person learning how to play the clarinet? It’s pretty awful. Sounds more like a person strangling a duck then anything close to actual music. But that goes with any musical instrument, doesn’t it? To become great at playing an instrument, you need to practice … to rehearse. You need to commit to sticking with it even when you don’t feel like it.
This is true for faith. To grow—to mature—takes practice. It takes commitment. Which is why we’re taking a whole month to discover how commitment can show up in our lives as we practice our faith. Commitment is making a plan and putting it into practice.
If we want to know God better, we need to practice our faith. But this isn’t something that comes naturally to any of us. That’s why we need a plan to put into practice. And the best place to start is with faith skills.
Every so often we like to come back around and focus on four faith skills that kids can practice to help them grow in their faith and know God better. We use four words to help us remember these skills:
HEAR. PRAY. TALK. LIVE.
Each week this month, we’ll focus on one of the faith skills as we talk about making a plan and putting it into practice.
This month, let’s think about how:
(1) God created commitment and exemplifies it in being committed to us.
(2) Commitment is both a reflection of and a response to God’s character. We can demonstrate His commitment to us as we commit to knowing Him more.
(3) Commitment is how we follow through on the tasks set before us.
So, get ready kids to show some commitment this month as we dive into God’s word! To help you out, I have placed some Bible reading plans at this link. Make sure to check them out.
Don’t forget God Loves you!
As we get closer to this years Fall Festival on October 31st, there are a few things that need to be completed! There are games to cut-out, paint and construct. With that being said, I need your help. This Sunday afternoon we will be working on some Fall Festival preparations. A jig saw, skill saw and a drill would be great to bring as well for some of the following items:
- Need to cut-out a rainbow from a 4×8 sheet of plywood
- Need to paint the rainbow (not with skittles).
- Need to construct a KerPlunk style game. Directions will be provided.
- Need some minor maintenance on a putting green.
If you are wanting to help with this shoot me a quick email back at email@example.com and come on out Sunday afternoon around 3:00 ready to work!
People have been asking what is needed to help get things ready for the backpack mission that we are doing. Well, this is what is happening and when!
October 19th 3:00 ~ 5:15
- We will sort the backpacks that have been turned in according to age and boy/girl.
- With thing that have been given to us, we need to also pack some backpacks.
- We will make a list of items that are needed to finish out any existing backpacks.
October 26th 3:00 ~ 5:15
- Finish packing the backpacks that needed other items.
- Box up the backpacks according to age and boy/girl.
- Place the Christmas Story and monthly devotions in the Bibles that will be given out.
6:00 AM load up on the church busses or private vehicles and get ready for God to move in your life. If you have have not signed up for a job while there or to let me know that you are riding the bus, please click here to get that done
8:00 PM or close to it, arrive back at the church!
If you still have questions, please let me know.